Thursday, July 5, 2012

Alaskan Made Yarn!

We just got back from our Alaskan Cruise

and I took 1000's of pictures.
 if you would like to see a few of the Best shots,
 you can see them here facebook

One of the Highlights was
 Shopping at Skagway.
I found this amazing little

Quilt and Yarn Shop.
This shop is only open during the summer, but they do have a webpage.

 I found a plethora of Alaskan hand made hand dyed Yarn!

The Colors where magnificent and the textures were awesome.

They had many different blends-
merino, silk, alpaca, musk ox

wool, nylon, cashmere....


I decided on these two
The top one is alpaca, merino and silk.
The bottom one is 100%Merino Wool
I will definitely be making Me items from these.

But if you are ever in Skagway stop by and see them.
They are the nicest people.
And if not Check out their Webpage


2 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW!
Looks like you had lots of fun!!
Love the yarn!

Posh Pooch Designs said...

We did, it was the trip of a lifetime!