Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Dog Poop Christmas Ornament...REALLY!

OK..... I thought of this the other day
 when I was out
on the front lawn doing 'Dog Poop Patrol"
with my Grand kids who are 3 and 4 yrs old. 
I gave each one a different color plastic
poop bag and we began to pick it up
putting it in the bigger trash bag.
They thought it was a fun game and
They loved it.


See The Video on my Youtube Channel at this LINK


This Pattern has been used for

 Dog and Animal Rescue fund raisers.
It is a great Seller!

It is a fun "Gag" gift for any one who has small pooches like me.

Dog Poop Christmas Ornament

Please, Add this Crochet Pattern to Your Ravelry favorites


Skill : Super Easy

Materials:
Tape measure
Hook - G
Yarn Needle

Yarn : Small amount of Worsted Weight Brown, red, green, white

tiny amount of white fuzzy or short furry yarn for trim and pompom
Tiny amount of stuffing

Stitches:

Chain ( ch)
Single Crochet ( sc)
Single Crochet Decrease ( sc dec)

Notes:

We will be working in rounds,
starting from the Santa hat tip.

R : 1 - With red yarn, ch 3, 5 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook,

join with a sl st to 1st sc to form a circle (5 sc)

R : 2 - 1 sc in the 1st sc, 2 sc in the next sc, 1 sc in next sc,

2 sc in the next sc, 1 sc in the last sc, (7 sc)

R : 3 - *1 sc in the next sc, 2 sc in the next sc,

repeat from * twice, 1 sc in the last st (10 sc)

R : 4 - 1 sc in each sc around (10 sc)


R : 5 -7 Repeat R : 4, Stuff the hat.


R : 8 : Change to brown yarn, Repeat R: 4


( we will add the white hat trim at the end)


R : 9 -21 - Repeat R : 4 - stuff the poop section.

( You can continue to add rounds for a longer piece of poop.)


R : 22 - St 1st and 2nd sc tog ( 1 st sc dec)
 St 4 more Sc dec (5 sc dec)

R : 23 - Continue to stitch sc dec until the opening closes,

 tie off pulling the extra yarn inside.


Hat Trim and Pompom


Trim: Thread a 12 inch piece of fuzzy white yarn on your needle. 

Stitch loose long stitches around the hat, you may need to pull a little
 to keep them even.

Pompom- Wrap yarn around one finger loosely, pull a 12 inch piece of yarn

 through the loop and tie. I didn't cut mine, but you can if you want too. 
Use the 2 long ends to attach to top of hat.

Face:

Stitch 2 French knots or short stitches for the eyes With the White yarn.
Stitch a smile on with red yarn.

Then with green yarn, cut 2 12 inch length, then count down 5 rounds from the hat 

and tie them around the poop, so it pulls in and form a head. Tie in the front and trim.

Cut another 12 piece of green yarn and loop through the hat to form the tie.



I hope you think this is as funny as me
and my grand kids do.We just put up the
Christmas tree and it was the
first ornament on the tree!

Keep your negative comments to your self.
 This ornament is meant as a light hearted,
silly ornament.


8 comments:

because i'm me said...

This pattern just came up on an email from Hooked on Crochet. I KNEW it had to be from you!!! The link took me right to Posh Pooch. Our oldest Granddaughter is getting this mailed to her as soon as I hit my yarn stash. She is doing courses for dog training. LOVE IT.
Thanks
Jackie Sutt aka GmaJackie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Posh Pooch Designs said...

yes, its a great gag gift for dog lovers!!!!

roguewordluver said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Love it. Reminds me of Mr. Hankey the Christmas poo from South Park. I am making this for my son. He will LOVE it. This is too funny!

Melissa said...

This is awesome. My bro in law loves south park. Im making him a mr. Hanky. Also doing one in green for a christmas pickle

Posh Pooch Designs said...

I am sorry if this crochet pattern is offensive to anyone. I have never seen South Park and don’t know the character Hanky. This is intented as a gag gift for people who own small dogs, and know what its like to be constintenly picking up dog poop. It has been used as a fund raiser for dog rescues, as well.

Unknown said...

That is so cute, I would have never thought of that. I have to make at least a dozen for gifts!!!!!