Thursday, August 25, 2016

How To Arm Knit A Cowl Pattern and Video | Posh Pooch Designs



I learned how to "Arm Knit"  when I was a child
 and I really had fun with it.
But, I will have to say, no one was very impressed.
 It was just something to teach kids, to keep them busy.

I have rediscovered it and have really enjoyed doing it again.
Arm Knitting is a very cool technique and once you learn it,
 there are lots of projects you can do with it.

Here is What I did.



See the Video on my Youtube Channel at this LINK

Arm Knit  Cowl Pattern By Sara Sach
Please, add this Pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Easy and fun

Materials:
1 skein of Bulky ( 6) yarn - I used Woolease, thick and Quick
A Pair of Scissors

Size: 4 inches wide X 36 inches long

We are using 3 strands of yarn at the same time.
I wound my skein of yarn into 3 balls to make it easier to work with.

1. We will basically be ding a long tail cast on  - with a 36 inch tail of yarn, make a slip knot,
slide that slip knot onto our arm.

 2. Make a loop with the yarn, Pull a loop from the tail through the loop.

3. Slip the loop onto your arm. Repeat 2 and 3 -- 3 more times for 4 loop

4. Wrap the yarn across your hand,


5. Slip the 1st loop over the yarn in your hand, then slip that loop onto your other arm.
Repeat 4 and 5 - 3 more times for 4 loops.

Continue to repeat For s many rows as you want. I did 16 rows.
Gently pull the scarf down after each row.
To bind off - Wrap the yarn across your hand, Slip the loop onto your arm.
Repeat For the 2nd loop, then slip the 1st loop over the 2nd loop.
Repeat For the next 3 loops, cut yarn about 16 inches long.
Slip the yarn end through the last loop and tie off.
Tie the ends together and make a bow.

Place the bow in the back or front. How ever you like.
I decided to make a video since it is every difficult to describe  what I did to make this cowl.
It is so much easier then it looks in these steps.
Check out the video.

No comments: